These Weeks We . . . April 27 - May 8, 2015
· returned from vacation and wrote about and illustrated in our journals about something fun we did over vacation
· continued celebrating our Earth throughout the week. We learned about ways we could make a difference in taking care of our earth, ASK ME what we can do at home
· met with our Guided Reading groups, boy are we becoming great readers!
· finished poetry month (April) with a wonderful “Poetry Party”, thank you to Mrs. Steck and Mrs. Brady for organizing all the goodies and to all the Moms that sent things in, we hope you enjoyed the party!
· had “Independent Reading” time we talked about recommending books to friends, ASK ME if I recommended any books and why
· had a whole school Earth Day Assembly in the back of the school by the Kunde Forest, Kindergarten sang “Hello World” with sign language
· read the story In the Forest and made an “in the forest” puzzle
· learned what makes something a living thing or non-living - ASK ME?
· practiced sentence dictation and tapping CVC words on the magnetic boards and dry erase boards
· worked hard on a Mother’s Day gift, I hope you love it!
· discussed and labeled the parts of plants and what they need to live and grow
· sequenced buying, planting, watering, growing, picking and eating
· heard the story Flower Garden and made our own window box to bring smiles in our school hallway
· in science we labeled the room with what is made of paper, discussed different kinds of paper and what it is used for then illustrated it in our science journal
· in math we have been learning about subtraction and the teen numbers, modeling them in a 10 frame, writing them, reading them, and solving word problems with them
*Mark your calendars
~ Southwick Zoo Field Trip, Friday, May 15th
~ Kindergarten Memory Show, Wednesday, June 17th in the AM
~ Last day of kindergarten, Thursday, June 18th, a full day