These Weeks We . . . December 12-23, 2016
· Finally finished learning all our letters and sounds, so we are ready to spell and read even better
· Made a gingerbread man, and guess what, he ran away, ASK ME where we found him
· Made a class book where I chose what kind of gingerbread to be (boy, girl, ninja, etc.) and who was chasing him, ASK ME what I chose
· Used IPADS to play some great math games and in computers Mr. Pizzi showed us some coding activities
· Learned about different shapes in math, how many vertices and sides they have, are they curved lines or straight lines, we sorted by shape and made shapes
· Talked about Hanukkah and made a menorah
· Finished our special gift for you, hope you like it!
· Practiced counting and clapping syllables to Christmas words
· Filled in missing numbers to help with our counting and number sense
· Continued practicing our reading using our 7 strategies and added “reading to make books come to life”, did partner reading where I read my favorite book to my partner and they read one to me, ASK ME who I read to
· Heard many great Christmas stories and sang fun songs, ASK ME to teach them to you
· Played word wall bingo
· Had a very fun Holiday Party and a whole school sing-a-long – very festive!
We hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas
and a fun New Year! Enjoy you beautiful children.
Mrs. O’Shea and Mrs. Cerrato