These Weeks We . . . February 22 – March 4, 2016
· illustrated in our journals something we did over vacation and wrote about it, ASK ME what I wrote about
· had a visit from Ms. Atomic A from Hi Tech Hi Touch (thank you PTO) who taught us about weather then we wrote and illustrated about it in our Science Journal
· received our own copy of the book “We Are Painting” read and colored it, ASK ME to read it to you
· practiced lots of rhyming with different activities
· practiced hearing and filling in the middle vowel sound for CVC words
· celebrated Dr. Seuss’s birthday with many fun activities
· read many of his fun and silly rhyming books
· learned a new “Good Morning” song in his honor
· the whole school “Read Their Socks Off” in the hallway on Wednesday, Dr. Seuss’s birthday - ASK ME who was dressed like Cat in the Hat
· made a “Cat in the Hat” T.L.C.
· used our magnetic alphabet boards to spell CVC words, and had a spelling bee for our Word Wall Words on our dry erase boards
· at Writer’s Workshop we started “How to” stories, ASK ME what my story is about
· tapped to spell and sound out many CVC words
· in math we are working on Chapter 12 which is about sorting and displaying the information in graph form
· at Open Circle we talked about teasing and how it is a double “D” behavior and what we should do if we are teased or see someone being teased
· practiced our “math facts” addition facts to 5
· had reading groups with Mrs. O’Shea, started bringing home book bags so we can practice reading everyday at home too!
* Thank you to anyone who helped the PTO put on a delicious lunch on Wednesday for the teachers – it was much appreciated!