These Weeks We . . . February 27 – March 10, 2017
· illustrated in our journals something we did over vacation and wrote about it, ASK ME what I wrote about
· played snap word hunt with our reading partner
· practiced lots of rhyming with different activities
· practiced hearing and filling in the middle vowel sound for CVC words
· celebrated Dr. Seuss’s birthday with many fun activities
· read many of his fun and silly rhyming books
· learned a new “Good Morning” song in his honor
· the whole school “Read Their Socks Off” in the hallway, Dr. Seuss’s birthday - ASK ME who was dressed like Cat in the Hat
· made a “Cat in the Hat” T.L.C.
· used our magnetic alphabet boards to spell CVC words, and had a spelling bee for our Word Wall Words on our dry erase boards
· at Writer’s Workshop we started “persuasive writing”, ASK ME what I am trying to change
· had science where we saw a video on how plywood is made and then made some and wrote and illustrated it in our science notebook
· in math we finished Chapter 12 which is about sorting and displaying the information in graph form and started Chapter 5 which is on how to show addition
· at Open Circle we talked about how to react to annoying behavior and recognizing differences
· practiced our “math facts” addition facts to 5
· had reading groups with Mrs. O’Shea, and Independent Reading, ASK ME what I am reading about, we added “extra strength” power to our reading super powers and continue to bring home our book bags so we can practice reading everyday at home too!
* Thank you to anyone who helped the PTO put on a delicious lunch on Wednesday, March 1st for the teachers – it was much appreciated!
* Attached is notice on your scheduled Spring conference time.