January 16 – 27, 2017
These Weeks We . . .
· started guided reading groups with Mrs. O’Shea
· started tapping sounds in our CVC words (consonant-vowel-consonant) and blending them together
· finished up Chapter 10 in math 3-Dimensional shapes and positional words then started Chapter 11 on Measurement
· brought home my 1st report card, didn’t I do great!
· at Writer’s Workshop continued working on our “How To” books, ASK ME what I am teaching you
· read the books “Where is my Snowflake” and “They Are On”; added 2 more words to the Word Wall, “they” and “on” and got our own copies to put in our book bin
· were sentence makers and illustrators with “I like my warm hat.”
· during Reader’s Workshop we have been using all our super powers to read independently and with our partner, ASK ME who my partner is
· practiced reading our word wall words playing Word Wall Bingo
· at Open Circle we discussed “speaking up” using a clear voice, looking at the person we are speaking with and using a voice at a good level when speaking to people and also talked about “cooperation”
* Don’t forget to send in a bag of “good stuff” for our snow_?_ project on Monday
* Please label all your child’s clothes, hats, mittens, boots, etc.
* We can use some more hand sanitizer for the classroom. If you would like to help out, that would be great
* Monday your child will start bringing home a book bag with 3-4 books in it to read with you, so keep your eye out for it!