January 30 – February 17, 2017
These Weeks We . . .
· have been doing a lot of reading during Reader’s Workshop reading the books in our book bin; new books introducing Word Wall Words, Guided Reading Groups with Mrs. O’Shea and of course reading from our book bags with you and filling in our BEAR paws.
· read “I Had to Look” and “Valentine’s All Around” and added “look”; “was”; “one” and “for” to the Word Wall
· in math we finished Chapter 11 on measurement and are now working in Chapter 12 on sorting and classifying
· have been playing many math games in class
· have been using IPADS in our classroom to do Lexia and Reading A to Z
· in science we have been discussing wood and answering the questions, “Where does wood come from?; What is made of wood?; and “How can you change the shape of wood?” in our science notebook
· have had many celebrations - a great Patriots Super Bowl Championship!!, our 100th Day of School and Valentine’s Day
· missed two days of school due to snow but having lots of fun playing in the snow at recess
· discussed President’s Day and how important the job is and learned about two great President’s George Washington and Abraham Lincoln; ASK ME who was our 1st president
· practicing verbally and on paper tapping, sounding out and writing CVC words
· have been sending in our BEAR paws, the first week we read 80 books, the second week we went up to 105!
· Had Open Circle where we talked about “Double D Behavior” (dangerous and destructive), ASK ME what I should do if I see someone doing “Double D Behavoir” and how we should deal with annoying behavior
* The week after vacation is last week for BEAR
* Don’t forget to send in your Read Across America raffle tickets if you
want to buy them
* Wednesday, March 1 is a ½ day of school
Enjoy your February vacation, stay safe!